We were free issued two ball valves by a customer of ours with a strict specification to supply Emergency Shut Down Valves/ROSOV Valves.
In this example the end user customer required an engineered solution with the following requirements:
- Actuator to ATEX EExd (Explosion proof) Standards – supplied and backed up with ATEX certification
- Locking device to prevent accidental operation of the valve – bespoke manufacture – supplied with this feature
- 45 second closing time for the actuator – achieved with the addition of a needle valve to regulate flow in the actuator cylinder
- Air Filter regulator with Isolation Valve & namur solenoid to EExd standards – supplied and backed up with ATEX certification
- Stainless Steel piping – bespoke to match the overall assembly
- Stainless steel isolation ball valve – bespoke to match the assembly
Once fully assembled the valve was tagged and bench tested with a 24VDC electrical signal and 4 bar instrument air (identical to air supply on site). We also calibrated & tested the controls to ensure 45 second closing a number of times, and fully tested the robustness of the assembly.